Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Patty's day reunion/party

When i think about a St. Patricks Day Party the first things that come to mind are the color green and BOOZE. But i didn't wear green or consumed a vast amount of beer....it was more of a reunion of old friends and the making of new friends at the party hosted at my friends house Oscar. At first the party was an extreme bore!!!!....with only 5 people including myself...but once the friends started to arriving...so did the memories. Once a good amount of people had arrived, the host Oscar in timely fashion organized the drinks. Having only drunken two shots and two beers i was fine but it was more then just ONE night of fun, it's was the ONE night to re-live, as my friend David would put it "the good times". I mainly spent the time talking to my friends about what they had been up to since our completion of high school. While talking to Manny he told me that he has begun to work but is also attending school, he also reminded me of the time that he called all women over 30 old maids!!!!...and teacher wasn't pleased (she was over 35). I also talked to another friend, Edith, and we automatically began doing what we did in high school...*poke poke poke*....she understands...she also had a bunch of friends whom i can't really place a names on but they were fun to be around. As the night progressed, Oscar the host of the party was trying his best to get everyone to dance but no one moved an inch....and around 11 p.m. the party began to fade (mainly because the booze ended...sorry Jeff), so i decided to start saying my good-bye's. Once the good-bye's were said and the people began to laugh uncontrollably due to intoxication, I began my LENGTHY block and a half walk back home.

Seeing everyone again brought back a piece of me that i thought died at graduation but clearly i was wrong.....as David would say "GOOD TIMES???"....more like great times.

here's a little St Patty's Day saying for all my friends.....

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold beer—and another one!

No comments: