Thursday, August 9, 2007

Ashton ESG 20 Year Salute

Size: 6.75 x 49 Churchill

Appearance: A great looking stogie, awesome construction. One of the best looking bands that i've ever seen on a cigar.

Pre-light: I cut this cigar using my Xicar cutter and it was a very clean cut. I took some pre-light draws, the cigar had some earthy spice to it with a small hint of wood. I ran my nose up and down the cigar, also the foot, and it revealed a deep earthy almost sweet scent on the wrapper.

Burn/Draw: The burn on the cigar was spot on through out and the draw was never a factor. Although it did start to go out but that was my fault as i was too busy talking to a friend.

Flavors: The first third of this cigar was filled with earthy flavor with a hint of spice, nothing too over powering. The majority of this cigar was like this with the spicy hints continuing to be more and more apparent. And with about 2 inch's left on the cigar, the earthy flavor gave way to the more spicy/cedar flavor. I kept smoking it though all the way until about 3/4 inch left!! IMO this cigar get alot better toward the last third or so, definitely one of a kind but nothing like a VSG. Full flavor but I would smoke a smaller size. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

THANKS MIKE D!!!!

No comments: