Friday, June 15, 2007

Casa Fuente Belicoso Fino


Size: 5.625 x 52 Belicoso

Appearance: Very nicely constructed cigar that has a kick ass band!! The wrapper was fairly smooth (alittle rough), the pointed end (torp shaped) wasn't off to the side like you would find on other cigars.

Pre-light: Since i like to moisten the tips of torpedo and belicoso sizes, i did the same to this one. It had an earthy goodness and was also accompanied by a little tangy spice. Clipping this cigar was easy thanks to the shape and the pre-light draw reveiled a great draw, the flavors consisted of spice, earth, and mixed in with some sweetness.

Burn/Draw: The burn was never a factor, it was great from the first couple of puffs, all the way till the last one. The draw was like nothing i've seen before, a BUNCH of smoke from this cigar helped me appreciate this stogie even more.

Flavors: Right off the bat, i got flavors of spice and of wood. But as the cigar progressed to about 2 inches in, I got some sweetness and the cigar became mellow to me. I even thought "Huh, this doesn't seem so tough". But as I got more and more deeper into the stogie, I started noticing the spice returning, now i thought "uh oh!!!". It became more spicy but i also got what seemed to me as sweetness with it.

Overall: A good cigar, but with a hefty price tag $25 give or take

No comments: